Current Openings at ingenious
Come join the world leader in gene editing services.
As one of the very first mouse gene targeting companies, ingenious targeting laboratory (ingenious) has been providing custom genetically modified knockout and knockin models to researchers worldwide for nearly two decades. With over 1,800 projects completed and validation of our mouse model production capabilities published in hundreds of journal articles including in Science, Nature, and Cell, our research clients return time and again, and refer their friends and colleagues for the gene editing services provided by ingenious.
ingenious targeting laboratory is always looking for the best. If you have passion and are seeking an exciting and challenging scientific and professional growth experience, please contact us. As a growing company, ingenious targeting laboratory provides you with the opportunity to play an active role in the growth of the company and to be heard. Our company’s employees enjoy a comprehensive compensation package, including competitive starting salaries based on qualification and experience, medical and dental benefits, company paid disability insurance, and a retirement plan with a company match.
- Cloning and Design Specialist
ingenious targeting laboratory is searching for a talented and highly motivated Molecular Biologist to join our team. The candidate’s primary responsibilities will include molecular design, cloning and vector construction. This candidate may oversee technicians and contribute to project management.
This position requires a minimum of a two-year commitment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a key member of the molecular biology team that will plan, manage and execute molecular biology activities related to custom generation of genetically engineered models.
- Improve components of current processes, and develop more efficient methods to support transgenic/gene targeted vector construction.
- Prepare milestones reports, project descriptions and updates for internal and external customers and partners.
- Carry out troubleshooting independently.
- The qualified candidate will be expected to work independently and as a team player, interpret and present data both verbally and in written formats.
- Communication, organization and progress tracking skills.
- Routine PCR and DNA preparation, DNA mapping and restriction enzyme analysis.
- Skills of designing primers, vectors and performing sequence analysis.
- Familiar with genome databases and other bioinformatics tools.
- Good proficiency with common molecular cloning techniques and attention to detail.
- To be self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast moving work environment requiring time sensitive delivery of results.
- PhD with 0-2 years experience or Master’s degree with 2-5 or more years of relevant experience (2 yr. minimum)
- Experience with BAC recombination and CRISPR/Cas9 system
- Experience managing and training technicians or junior researchers
This is not an entry level position.
Interested individuals should send their cover letter and resume to the attention of Diane Kallas. Please note to respond by email only.
*Please note in the subject line: Cloning and Design Specialist*