Cryopreservation, Housing, & Breeding Services
If you have mouse lines that will be affected by activity reduction requirements at your institute in response to COVID-19, this page describes ways ingenious can help. Please contact us to discuss how we can help you preserve your mouse lines.
COVID-19 Response Services
Cryopreservation (Sperm and embryo)
Temporary housing and breeding
- CryopreservationProtect your mouse model and your research investment! We offer sperm cryopreservation and embryo cryopreservation services, various storage plans for cryopreserved sperm and embryos, and cryorecovery service to rederive your mouse line.
- Sperm Cryopreservation
The service includes sperm collection and cryopreservation from two male mice, including motility test of thawed sperm. Service also includes in vitro fertilization and culturing of embryos to the blastocyst stage to confirm fertility of cryopreserved sperm.
- Embryo Cryopreservation
This service includes sperm collection from two male mice, and subsequent in vitro fertilization of oocytes from superovulated wildtype females. Embryos will be cryopreserved. Service also includes quality control by culturing of thawed embryos to confirm viability.
Note: Embryos will be a mix of wildtype and heterozygous genotypes when heterozygous males are used (the resulting pups must be genotyped), or all embryos will be heterozygous when homozygous males are used.
- Post Project Services
Our Post Project Services Include
- Breeding small or large cohorts of heterozygous or homozygous mice.
- Breeding with any Cre lines (or tTA, tTS, CreERT etc.) with your new customized mice.
- Genotyping of all offspring with established protocols developed by ingenious.
- Timed deliveries at your request between your control and experimental groups.
- Alleviate the need to justify animal use protocol numbers.
- A free online tool to generate an estimated mating plan – ingenious Breeding Planner.
Genotyping Services: Screening to identify homozyotes from heterozygote X heterozygote mating. Contact us to learn more.
Tissue Harvest: Contact us to learn more.
Once you receive your mouse model from ingenious, your ultimate goal will be to generate a cohort of mice of a certain age and sex, which you can then utilize for your experiments. You may continue to need more colonies as your experiments evolve. Depending on the model we have generated for you, this may require multiple mating steps, genotyping for various genetic elements, and calculated scaling up to obtain the specific number of mice with the appropriate sex, background and genotype.
We know from talking with many of our clients that traditional in-house breeding often becomes an unnecessarily expensive and time consuming process, which can even lead to the loss of the mouse line. ingenious offers downstream services to make this important endeavor seamless.
By outsourcing the generation of mouse cohorts to ingenious, you will benefit from expert staff that will work with you to determine the most efficient breeding plan to meet your research goals. Utilizing our proprietary breeding software allows us to develop plans of action based on time lines and costs that best fit your lab.