Rapid Rosa26™ Targeting
Improving Targeted Transgenics
Transgenic mouse models have helped to advance our understanding of biology, disease, and medicine for decades and will continue to play a significant role in the basic and biomedical research fields. When generating a new model a major question is whether to employ random genomic integration or to create a targeted transgenic line. Targeted transgenics offer the advantage of precise gene targeting and copy number control, but at increased time and cost when compared to random transgenics. Now with Rapid-Rosa26TM Targeting from ingenious targeting laboratory the costs of targeted transgenics are dramatically lowered.
Introducing ingenious’ Rapid-Rosa26™ Targeting Models
Rapid-Rosa26™ Targeting models are ingenious’ solution to the call for custom targeted transgenic models with shorter production timelines and reduced cost, without compromising performance and quality. We utilize well validated gene targeting strategies combined with our ready-to-go enhancing vectors to deliver your expression cassette or cDNA to the Rosa26 safe harbor locus in record time. By combining these technologies, we generate precisely targeted, custom transgenic mouse models with a variety of expression possibilities at up to 25% reduced time and cost when compared to traditional targeted knockin models.
Enhancing Cassette Options
Our Rapid-Rosa26™ Targeting models can be custom designed with the following traditional and novel expression strategies:
- Incorporate our proprietary F.A.S.T.™ cassette, enabling inducible/reversible expression control of your cDNA.
- loxP flanked, removable stop cassette for tissue specific expression.
- Tissue specific promoters to control expression.
- Reporter or tag cassettes for co-expression with your cDNA.
- Tetracycline system expression cassettes for use with inducible models.
- Custom designs according to your specifications.
Rapid Rosa26TM technology provides:
- More flexibility and intuitive designs that are not limited by insertion size constraints.
- More efficient insertion rates when compared to classical CRISPR embryo injection.
- Better timelines than traditional Rosa26 targeting.
- Pricing that fits your budget.
Resources for Further Reading
Targeted VS Random Transgenic Mouse Models
Sadelain M, Papapetrou EP, Bushman FD. Safe Harbours for the Integration of New DNA in the Human Genome.” Nat Rev Cancer. 2011 Dec 1;12(1):51-8.
2012 12(1): 51-58.
Severe neutrophil-dominated inflammation and enhanced myelopoiesis in IL-33-overexpressing CMV/IL33 mice. Talabot-Ayer D, Martin P, Vesin C, Seemayer CA, Vigne S, Gabay C, Palmer G. J Immunol. 2015 Jan 15;194(2):750-60. doi: 10.4049/jimmunol.1402057